tap handles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kronin

Reaction score
I am trying to find some nice handles for my perls.

they need to be 3 - 4 " tall max, as the freezer door will hit them otherwise. I do not want any 'brand' beer handles, just something unique and short.
Maybe a Canadian hockey team? or anything cool...

I am having no luck finding something to fit this bill....

anyone?

I zip tied my freezer door to the fridge door so they both open together. I don't get in there enough to worry about the freezer being open. That way I can use taller tap handles.
kegvert.jpg

This one seems to be a fav of mine. You just need to fab up a shaft with some copper tubing. Adding the slight forward bend required.

21ygomc%2BNGL._SL500_AA250_.jpg
31dTkwVl6jL._SL500_AA250_.jpg

How awesome would it be to have this molded grip on a perlick?

I thought of the 50 cal handle the other day and will probably do it as soon as I get the insert. I have a 25mm shell too but it might be a little big

I have followed my wife around walmart, bored as hell, then had this idea looking for anything that could be used as a tap handle. Made the time go by fast. :D

Talk about one track mind....

• Shellacked Fruit; Bananas & Apples
  • Golf Grips
  • Golf Balls
  • Beer Bottles
  • Copper Tubing/Pipe
  • Galvanized Pipe
  • Broom handles
  • White Lab Vials Filled with Grain
I could go on and on....

I have followed my wife around walmart, bored as hell, then had this idea looking for anything that could be used as a tap handle. Made the time go by fast. :D

Talk about one track mind....

• Shellacked Fruit; Bananas & Apples
  • Golf Grips
  • Golf Balls
  • Beer Bottles
  • Copper Tubing/Pipe
  • Galvanized Pipe
  • Broom handles
  • White Lab Vials Filled with Grain
I could go on and on....

I like the idea of the vials filled with grain. If you really wanted to go all out you could fill the vials with the same grain and percentage as you did the recipe. For example, 85% MO 5% roasted barley, and 10% 120L crystal.

If I had an actual keggerator or Keezer I would definitely be doing this!

I like the idea of the vials filled with grain. If you really wanted to go all out you could fill the vials with the same grain and percentage as you did the recipe. For example, 85% MO 5% roasted barley, and 10% 120L crystal.

If I had an actual keggerator or Keezer I would definitely be doing this!

I love this idea!

Awesome idea. I've been trying to think of a good idea for tap handles. The grain filled vials are perfect. Now I need to make some beers using white labs.

Awesome idea. I've been trying to think of a good idea for tap handles. The grain filled vials are perfect. Now I need to make some beers using white labs.

Notice my porter handle (third from the left) is a grain filled vial. In the proportions of a porter too I believe.

taps.jpg

Very cool man, me likey.

I just got a couple of vials of WL yeast, which I'll brew with this week. I ordered a few tap handle ferrules so I can thread on the vials. I'll post pics as soon as they're finished.

Aren't the WL vials a bit small for a tap handle? I've seen this general idea at a local micro pub in town. I forget what brewery does this...maybe rogue? It's a very cool tap handle. Looks like any other handle, but it's hollow and has grains in it.

Aren't the WL vials a bit small for a tap handle? I've seen this general idea at a local micro pub in town. I forget what brewery does this...maybe rogue? It's a very cool tap handle. Looks like any other handle, but it's hollow and has grains in it.

See post #17. That is a Rogue tap handle for porter. I got it on ebay for $10.

I think it would be cool to mount it from the bottom of the shell and get a bullet to mount on the shell. Not sure where you get a 50 cal bullet though.

the threads are 3/8"-16 on a tap. Anything with 3/8"-16 threads will work. You can either use bolts and a nut, an all-thread connector, or a screw-in insert. endless possiblities.

I have a microphone and a mickey mouse as my handles. Soon I'm adding a small book (epoxied shut,) a dragon statue I picked up at a thrift store, a turned-wood apple (for applewine,) and one more that I haven't decided on yet.

B

Aren't the WL vials a bit small for a tap handle?

The vials themselves are 5.25" long. They'll be about 6" after putting the ferrules on. That's about 3" longer than the generic black plastic handles that came with my faucets that I'm currently using. I didn't want gigantic tap handles anyway, these will be perfect.

Back