Tap a draft

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

treacheroustexan

Reaction score
Anyone recommend this? Or any similar systems? And before anyone says to just keg, price is not an issue on why I can't keg..I used to keg but I'm very limited on space at the moment and am looking for a system that I can use in my regular fridge. Party pig is going out of business so I'm left with tap a draft unless anyone else has more recommendations?

Anyone recommend this? Or any similar systems? And before anyone says to just keg, price is not an issue on why I can't keg..I used to keg but I'm very limited on space at the moment and am looking for a system that I can use in my regular fridge. Party pig is going out of business so I'm left with tap a draft unless anyone else has more recommendations?

I think Northern Brewery has a a new system that might be worth a try called Beer Box. Also, if money is not the issue, 1.5-3 gallon kegs are more available then ever.

I use my TaD system quite a bit. The biggest issue I have with it is that 90% of the time if the safety valve pops, the tap is toast. Of the four taps I have owned I have had that valve activate three times. Twice the tap was replaced by the vendor. The third time it actually re-seated itself correctly.

Tips:

Naturally carbonate using the metal with silicon seal caps (not the plastic ones that come with it)
Consider the paint-ball canister conversion a guy on Ebay sells if you are wanting to force carb
Always screw the cartridge in while actually tapping a beer to avoid the initial over-pressure popping the valve listed above.
Expect to drink the entire bottle with about 5-7 days if you are trying to dispense (already carbonated) using only one cartridge
Make double and triple sure you tap handle back all the way tot he off position and push in the locking tab after each pour or you will fill your fridge with beer...then cry

Now days I mostly back will my TaD bottles from a carbonated keg like it was a growler to drink off-site or if I am trying to kill the keg to fill it with the next beer. I am taking four of the bottle to my next race fore evening libations once the track goes cold...it is perfect for that scenario as you kill the bottle in a couple of hours.

Back