Tap-A-Draft, Does anyone use these anymore?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Briggery16

Reaction score
I have been browsing the forums lately, looking for post about the TAD systems, as I am considering purchasing a Tap-A-Draft system. I haven't seen any post from the last 2 years. From what I understand, the TAD is better than bottling but far from a kegging alternative. Does anyone use these anymore? Are they legit? Pros/Cons? Thanks, Briggs.

I have been browsing the forums lately, looking for post about the TAD systems, as I am considering purchasing a Tap-A-Draft system. I haven't seen any post from the last 2 years. From what I understand, the TAD is better than bottling but far from a kegging alternative. Does anyone use these anymore? Are they legit? Pros/Cons? Thanks, Briggs.

My son uses his yet and I think he likes it. It allows him to have beer on tap in his kitchen refrigerator and doesn't require a separate kegerator since it is small enough to fit on one of the shelves. If you want to go bigger, then kegs are the way to do it. Tap a Draft takes less space and is probably cheaper unless you go through a lot of beer.

Personally I prefer bottles because I can have several varieties available at once. I have 14 variations in bottles now and can choose any of those depending on my mood or the food I want to pair it with.

I use it, but I'm very new to brewing. I followed all the recommendations among the various threads on this forum and didn't have any issues.

I fill one 6L during bottling, then put the rest of my beer in glass. My last batch used one 6L TAD bottle, 18 12-oz bottles, and 6 larger bottles of various sizes (22's,16's, etc.) Using only one 6L allows you to keep brewing as long as you have enough glass. Another dispenser tap and TAD bottle set is in my very near future because I don't have that many bottles. With 4 kids, I don't like having lots of glass around the house.

I use the TAD because I didn't want to jump right into kegging. I'll eventually get there, but this is a good alternative in the mean time. I've even considered replacing the short dispensing tube with a much longer length of tubing and installing a tap through the door of my mini-fridge. You'd just have to leave the dispensing valve open on the TAD tap. Might work, might not, IDK?

You might want to look into the miller/coors light home draft system. It's pretty much identical to the TAD, only costs ~$20, and comes full of your choice of two very low quality beers. There's a few threads here about using them for homebrew if you run a search.

I used the TAD system for over a year and didn't have any issues. i hated bottling so it was a great step before I could talk the wife into a kegging system. Once I set up a Keezer I sold the TAD. If you do it keep your eyes open for 3L soda pop bottles. Same threads and much cheaper then the 6L bottles.

Good luck and have fun!

Back