Tap-a-draft CO2 cartridges

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bills Brew

Reaction score
I'm getting ready to by a Tap-a-Draft and the catalogs for these sell 8 gram CO2 cartridges. Can you use the 12 gram CO2 cartridges that are used for CO2 BB guns? It would be a lot easier to get from the local sporting goods store. Besides morebeer has these out of stock until May 15. Unbelievable!!

I'd make the assumption that you can not use the same one's that you would use for a BB gun.

The ones for BB guns are not food safe and I bet they have some sort/type of oil/additive mixed in with the CO2.

i think they're different sizes. i have a tap a draft and the cartridges are pretty small. i use the bb gun cartidges for my co2 pump on my bicycle and they are bigger by a bit. the larger cartidges won't fit into the holders on tap. i don't know how set you are on the tap-a-draft, but i was dissapointed in mine. i use 5 or 6 cartidges for one 6 liter bottle. i just bought a kegging set up. it was nice not having to fill that many bottles, but you use so many cartidges and the beer gets really foamy once the bottle is about half empty. i will be selling mine as soon as i finish the bottles i already filled. maybe you'll have better luck than me. :(

Back