Tank Volume Calculator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Curtis2010

Reaction score
Doing a little re-engineering of th brew houe and ran across an app that I've found very useful. Provided by a commercial, non-brewing related, tank vendor, but very handy for brewing related tank calcs (or any cylindrical or rectangular tank). For example, how many inches of liquid will 10 gallons be in my new big ass boil kettle...this app will tell you that or vice-versa.

http://www.regaltanks.co.uk/?utm_so...roidApplication&utm_campaign=VolumeCalculator

....but discovered this one does not do fractional gallons, but its still OK for approimating.

Have found other apps w more precision, but in less convenient units.

If you don't already know the formula for a cylindrical tank

gallons=pi*d^2*h/4/231

Take the volume of any vessel in cubic inches and divide by 231 to get the gallons of the vessel

Yes, pretty straight forward math, but handy to punch it up on an app.

If you don't already know the formula for a cylindrical tank

gallons=pi*d^2*h/4/231

Take the volume of any vessel in cubic inches and divide by 231 to get the gallons of the vessel

Or substitue height of liquid for "h" to get volume at that level....I've been calibrating & marking pots.

Back