Taken that next step.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chudz

Reaction score
Well, it's my seventh batch and I finally had call for a blow-off tube. Of course, I'd been operating under the "I use plastic bucket fermenters, it will never happen to me," line of thinking. Needless to say, I wasn't quite prepared for it. And thus, after a harried trip to my LHBS, I had the needed tubing to jury-rig one, which seems to be bubbling happily away at the moment. I feel like I've taken that next step, heh.

P.S. Thanks to the posts here for the info on rigging one up using your three-piece airlock.

I also had to take that step, my last brew was a honey wheat and I airated it like crazy. The next day I had krausen all over my bucket, still had a little vodka in my airlock though luckily. This time I just took my regular cork for my bucket's airlock and my racking tube, set up just like your siphoning into secondary, in a 1 gallon bucket of sanatizer. Not sure of the size of my cork but it worked out nicely

Back