Syracuse, ny - round 8 group grain buy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just heard from NCM that the Grain is being dropped at the location today!!

So looks like we are on schedule for SAT

If possible please let me know how you would like to handle any overages you have ASAP so I can split out tips with Rob and Jeff when we do the grain sort.

I NEED TO HEAR FROM EACH PERSON ON THIS LIST:

Copyright1997
bierhaus15
Bellini88
Dslocum
BryanJ
dbush20
lewdog50
mjap52
akirch12
kzhusker
Rubis
r49b
lawle102
chrispy

Thanks!

(t-booneyay - thanks for the tip!)

my overage is for da tip! :mug:

Just heard from NCM that the Grain is being dropped at the location today!!

So looks like we are on schedule for SAT

If possible please let me know how you would like to handle any overages you have ASAP so I can split out tips with Rob and Jeff when we do the grain sort.

I NEED TO HEAR FROM EACH PERSON ON THIS LIST:

Copyright1997
bierhaus15
Bellini88
Dslocum
BryanJ
dbush20
lewdog50
mjap52
akirch12
kzhusker
Rubis
r49b
lawle102
chrispy

Thanks!

(t-booneyay - thanks for the tip!)

Sorry, just catching up...
Cidah, I just need back the $ from the dropped hop (Willamette, 1#), the rest is for you guys...you should have my paypal, if not pm me.

Haha - sory mjap and lewdog - I am a knucklehead and grabbed the wrong list!

Here is the "right" one. Thanks for setting me straight :D

bierhaus15
Bellini88
Dslocum
BryanJ
dbush20
kzhusker
Rubis
r49b
lawle102
chrispy

Cidah, I just need back the $ from the dropped hop (Willamette, 1#), the rest is for you guys...you should have my paypal, if not pm me.

copyright, the price for the willamette was 6.05, but I don't have a record of how many shares you had of it. I should still have your paypal.

Let me know how many lbs you had and I can hit you back with the total.

CidahMastah said:
Haha - sory mjap and lewdog - I am a knucklehead and grabbed the wrong list!

Here is the "right" one. Thanks for setting me straight :D

bierhaus15
Bellini88
Dslocum
BryanJ
dbush20
kzhusker
Rubis
r49b
lawle102
chrispy

Add my change to the tip jar, too. Thanks!

Just sent the paypal along - very generous and thank you!

Sorry about taking so long to get back to ya I was in Nantucket for a few days. Just get me back for the dropped hops and the rest is beer money for you guys, thanks.
P.s. hung out at the Cisco brewery on Nantucket island a whole bunch AWESOME hang highly recommend it.

Keep the overage cash from the order cidah.

Sounds good. So Bryan, can you confirm with Cidah/Jeff that I will be picking up a portion of your order and bringing it to the 716? Sorry for causing all the confusion! :eek:

I was planning on meeting Travis at the pickup location and just handling splitting up my order myself to ease the confusion. I would prefer to do this since I ordered three pounds of cascade and need to split that up. If that doesn't work out it is two sacks of CM 2-row and a pound of cascade would have to be separated by Jeff.

Let me know when you're planning on getting to Syracuse and I can meet you there. Thanks Marcus.

I was planning on meeting Travis at the pickup location and just handling splitting up my order myself to ease the confusion. I would prefer to do this since I ordered three pounds of cascade and need to split that up. If that doesn't work out it is two sacks of CM 2-row and a pound of cascade would have to be separated by Jeff.

Let me know when you're planning on getting to Syracuse and I can meet you there. Thanks Marcus.

I've got it marked on my pickup sheet, so either way will work

Cheers. I'm leaving Buffalo at 8 so I should be getting there at about 11.

Thanks BryanJ and DBush20 - appreciate your generosity! :mug:

Only 6 more people need to advise on overages:

Bellini88
Dslocum
kzhusker
Rubis
lawle102
chrispy522

Thanks BryanJ and DBush20 - appreciate your generosity! :mug:

Only 6 more people need to advise on overages:

Bellini88
Dslocum
kzhusker
Rubis
lawle102
chrispy522

Cidah, just talked to dslocum(nvr2low) and he said put his overage towards the tip!

Thanks guys!:mug:

Thanks for the facilitation Jeff!

Thanks dslocum and rubis!!

Need to hear from only 4 more!:

Bellini88
kzhusker
lawle102
chrisp522

For the third time, KEEP MY MONEY!!! Damn, it's like you guys hate money...

Just playin' of course:D

Travis, no worries, any idea when you'll be back in town to get your grains? Just curious when I should be expecting you, no rush! And we should be all set once Bryan confirms with Jeff/Keith that I'll be picking up part of his order.

Marcus,

Looks like I will be back on Monday, as of now. This is a day earlier than expected, so that is nice. I will email you on Monday when I know for sure. Thanks again for doing the pick up!

Travis

Need to hear from only 2 more!:

Bellini88
kzhusker

Thanks so much lawle102 and chrisp522 :mug:

Hey all, Bells homebrew store has free shipping on orders over $30. They've got some great prices on carboys. No tax or shipping makes it really worth it! Coupon code: HBF20120929

Hey a little off topic but where does everyone get CO2 in Syracuse ? I usually get my tanks filled at sunset carbonic in Utica or swap them out at Air gas on the blvd.

I get mine at airgas in east syr I get a discount thourgh salt cit brew club but cant recall it

Grain is in counted and sorted. Ready for tomorrow!

Hop Acid %s
-------------------------
Cascade 6.2%
Columbus 15.2%
Aramis 8.1%

haha love the austin powers reference :D

guys - please remember to check your orders and be sure that we didn't accidentally give you someone else's stuff.

Thanks!

CidahMastah said:
Need to hear from only 2 more!:

Bellini88
kzhusker

Thanks so much lawle102 and chrisp522 :mug:

Sorry for the late response, been up north the past few days with no internet access. Please keep my overage, and thanks again guys for making this happen.

Hey guys, I'm gonna try my luck at an Irish red in honor of my brother's first child (we're Irish). Please critique my recipe before I make a fool of myself.

9 lbs Golden Promise
8 oz Cara-pils
8 oz crystal 40
8 oz Victory
4 oz roasted barley (mainly for color)

Mash at 154.

1 oz East Kent Goldings at 60 min

1L starter of Wyeast 1084 (Irish Ale)

Does this recipe sound reasonable? More hops? I want a nice malty beer.

Awesome job guys. My grain is stored away and I still have 1/2 hour before leaving to go to work. Thank you Jeff, Keith and Rob. :mug:

image-170767284.jpg

Not sure how you did that...

Back