Sweet Potato Stout

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rodwha

Reaction score
I needed one more Ranger Creek Small Batch bottle to finish off my 12 pack box. I found their Small Batch #7, which is a sweet potato stout. Hmmmm... I love sweet potato pie! And I love a stout! I'll give this a try before I head out to a Christmas party this afternoon and report back on what I thought. Just the idea of it has my wheels turning on something new to brew. :ban:

I don't think Ranger Creek beer makes it too far from San Antonio, but if you can get this and you like a stout, and you like sweet potato pie or a pumpkin beer I'd say this one may very well be for you. Limited release...

Funny, my gf makes a sweet potato souffle with a pecan/brown sugar crust.

I was going to throw all of the components into the mash and use a brown ale as the base.
Ill try and report back when i get around to brewing it.

rodwha said:
I don't think Ranger Creek beer makes it too far from San Antonio, but if you can get this and you like a stout, and you like sweet potato pie or a pumpkin beer I'd say this one may very well be for you. Limited release...

They're supposed to send some to Houston. I'm hoping I see it. #5 and #6 are still on shelves here, so there's apparently not a big rush for the small batch series over here. Sounds good, I hope to pick up a couple of them.

I was pleasantly surprised how well they combined. I would't have thought so, and didn't initially. It has me thinking now!

Latest posts

Back