Sweet! My fridge was made for CO2 lines!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stormcrow

Reaction score
I got an awesome stainless side by side fridge for $50 off of Craigslist. Freezer worked, fridge didn't. Long story short, a buddy of mine 3d printed a new sliding vent regulator and it was as good as new.

I've just begun the journey into kegging. Wanting to use the fridge for kegs, I began exploring how to run CO2 lines in from the outside, leaving room in the fridge for two kegs. Lo and behold the fridge had a coil of water hose attached to the back of the interior to chill water for the door dispenser. It probably also used it for the ice maker. The hose entered and exited the fridge through two holes in a rubber grommet in the floor. This hose was almost the exact same diameter as my new evabarrier lines.

After realizing that, it only took a few minutes to cut the water lines behind the fridge, attach the evabarrier lines to the stubs with electrical tape, and pull them through the grommet and into the fridge as I removed the water line coil. Easy peazy, no drilling, and looks like it was made for it. I just don't have a water dispenser and ice maker for that particular fridge anymore.

Faucets will still come through the door someday, but for now I'm just going to run picnic taps.

Maybe this will help someone with a similar fridge.

Attachments

• 20220406_223804.jpg
    20220406_223804.jpg
    783.4 KB · Views: 60
  • 20220406_223824.jpg
    20220406_223824.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 59
Cool, thanks for sharing!
This thread might help others more if it were in the Kegerator section of the DIY forum on HBT. Do you mind if I move it?

Exactly. Now I kinda want to see someone actually run beer out of the dispenser. I'm sure it could be done, but I'm not there yet.
That would be sweet. It would be even nicer if one could have their ice maker converted also for a second brew.

Back