Supplying Wholesalers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newbiewinemaker

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if anyone had any information on what it would take to be able to make wine and sell to places like Hyvee, liquor stores etc and not direct to consumers. Does it still require a liquor license or licensing by the Federal Government? I would assume the place the wine was made would have to be inspected by state health department and meet certain regulations but I was wondering if there wasn't as many restrictions on the producers of the wine to sell it to wholesalers for retail sale. I know in some states like South Dakota where I live you can obtain a Farm Winery License for a small fee to sell to wholesalers and consumers but I am hoping there are other options!

Any information would be great!!

Thanks!

Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if anyone had any information on what it would take to be able to make wine and sell to places like Hyvee, liquor stores etc and not direct to consumers. Does it still require a liquor license or licensing by the Federal Government? I would assume the place the wine was made would have to be inspected by state health department and meet certain regulations but I was wondering if there wasn't as many restrictions on the producers of the wine to sell it to wholesalers for retail sale. I know in some states like South Dakota where I live you can obtain a Farm Winery License for a small fee to sell to wholesalers and consumers but I am hoping there are other options!

Any information would be great!!

Thanks!

Yes, you need a winery license. There is no other way.

Back