Super Bowl Food and Brew!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OleGoatBrewing

Reaction score
What are you eating and drinking for this years game? List your best game food and brew parings!

Brew Style and Food will work.

Us? We're having Ice Cold Blood Orange Hefeweizen to go with our sharp cheese platters, spicy wings and even our Chocolate Peanut Butter Reeses Bars. YUM!

Belgian Wit with BBQ Brisket
American Pale Ale with Dr. Pepper Pulled Pork
Apple Cider with Chicken Salad

Belgian Wit with BBQ Brisket
American Pale Ale with Dr. Pepper Pulled Pork
Apple Cider with Chicken Salad

Dr. Pepper Pulled Pork! DANG!!! I live in Hawaii! Pulled pork is a staple here! I think my next batch of Kalua Pork is going to have some of THAT!!! i always have Pale Ale.

Dr. Pepper Pulled Pork! DANG!!! I live in Hawaii! Pulled pork is a staple here! I think my next batch of Kalua Pork is going to have some of THAT!!! i always have Pale Ale.

I love kalua pork. I get it every Thursday at the Hawaiian restaurant down the street from my office. And there's a good chance that on my 7 day honeymoon to Maui last July that I ate kalua pork at least 7 of the days haha

To the OP... You have a recipe for the dr pepper pork?

Food is going to be some wings from Wingstop and some chips and dips. It's just the wife and I this year and I don't feel like doing much cooking. On the beer side, I've got a blonde, a dubbel, and an imperial porter on tap, and if my chile cream ale gets to the heat I want it today or tomorrow that one should be carbed up and ready on Sunday as well.

Teriyaki meatballs, grilled hot wings and shrimp lo-mein.

Centennial Blonde will be flowing to start things off, then might have a couple Ivan's later.

I always try have beers from the areas that the teams are from. Seattle/Denver was pretty easy last year, and Seattle/New England should be decent too. Want something better than Sam Adams (the obvious choice) though.

I love kalua pork. I get it every Thursday at the Hawaiian restaurant down the street from my office. And there's a good chance that on my 7 day honeymoon to Maui last July that I ate kalua pork at least 7 of the days haha

To the OP... You have a recipe for the dr pepper pork?

http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2011/03/spicy-dr-pepper-shredded-pork/

The above except use a crock pot as a primary. Gently spoon out the grease at about 5 hrs, pull blade out at 6-7 and shred around 8 and serve.

YMMV

Last edited:
I'm not pairing really. I think my Amarillo SMaSH may be done, I have a pumpkin stout and a spiced winter christmas ale on tap as well as a cider, unless that kicks in the next couple of days...which is probable. I have a ton of bottled beers. I'm smoking a couple of boston butts, making coleslaw, getting some cheese and crackers and if anyone wants to show they can and bring whatever they want. I basically just want food and beer and the game, I've told people to come if they'd like and expect no commitment.

I always try have beers from the areas that the teams are from. Seattle/Denver was pretty easy last year, and Seattle/New England should be decent too. Want something better than Sam Adams (the obvious choice) though.

Thats a really great idea! Very cool!

I think I've heard people from TX mention Jack's Abby (Framingham, MA). Drinking their Hoponius Union right now.

I'm not pairing really. I think my Amarillo SMaSH may be done, I have a pumpkin stout and a spiced winter christmas ale on tap as well as a cider, unless that kicks in the next couple of days...which is probable. I have a ton of bottled beers. I'm smoking a couple of boston butts, making coleslaw, getting some cheese and crackers and if anyone wants to show they can and bring whatever they want. I basically just want food and beer and the game, I've told people to come if they'd like and expect no commitment.

I'll need your full address, please!
Joking, but that sounds like my kind of party!
I've been having a party every year, and this year my son refuses to attend due the fact that the Pats have lost twice while he was at my Super Bowl party. :mad:

We're having a Chili Cook-off with the neighborhood.. about 10-11 different chili's..

On the kegerator I've got an Amber Ale, Cherry Apple Cider and Cascade Dry Hopped Black IPA. I think one of my neighbors is bringing a keg of his Scottish Ale.

This is all I know.. and I'm ok with it.

I think I've heard people from TX mention Jack's Abby (Framingham, MA). Drinking their Hoponius Union right now.

Oh how I wish we got Jack's Abbey down here! My girlfriend went to Boston last year and brought me back some Framinghammer. Good stuff!

Pickled pigs feet are a staple at my house for Super Bowl Sunday. We'll have the usual cheese dip, pizza and wings also though.

Super Bowl is a special time at our house because it means FOOTBALL IS OVER and BASEBALL IS COMING!!

I have 2 cases of shiner bock and a case of miller lite left over from a trade show. I'ma drink a couple of those.

I'll need your full address, please!
Joking, but that sounds like my kind of party!
I've been having a party every year, and this year my son refuses to attend due the fact that the Pats have lost twice while he was at my Super Bowl party. :mad:

I'll give my address. Haha come on over.

Right now I'm thinking some quick and dirty bangers and mash and a dampfbier. I might make some garlic hummus as my chip dip.

And if my daughter starts distracting me from the game, I might break out some crackers and the tome de bordeaux.

I do like that idea of getting beers from the teams' locations. Not going to bother this year, but maybe starting next I'll do that!

I made the Dr. Pepper pulled pork today. Tbh, it really need doctored up. The flavor was just sweet and pepper hot. Not enough spices. I added liberal amounts of garlic salt and chili powder, and some onion powder and Hungarian paprika. It helped a lot. As a minimum, it needs some salt. The resulting soft tacos were really good with lettuce, tomato, cheese, and sour cream.

Back