Suggestions On going to kegging

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That looks good, but someone will soon suggest kegsupply.com (I think)

I am looking into it right now too, but the link is on my home computer.

Go for 2. It will save on shipping and you have to have at least 2. Right?

Go with the 2 keg system. For the extra $50 you get another keg and a double regulator. I bought the 2 keg system last weekend and I am really looking forward to getting some beer in there this weekend.

Arneba28 said:
http://www.midwestsupplies.com/products/ProdByID.aspx?ProdID=7738

what are everyones thoughts on this system. Should I just pay the extra $50 and go to a two keg system. This will basically only be used for partys and special events, or will this fit in a mini fridge with a tower?
You can fit 2 cornies in a mini fridge and there is plenty of information on the Sanyo conversions. If you go that way then 2 kegs are essential and consider the possibility of buying a dual regulator.

Thanks guys. much appreciated. With this system, it would be easy to convert it from the picnic taps to tower? I am imagining it is but have never done any conversions like this.

Arneba28 said:
Thanks guys. much appreciated. With this system, it would be easy to convert it from the picnic taps to tower? I am imagining it is but have never done any conversions like this.
Very easy.

You just remove the picnic taps and attach the hose to the shank of the faucet you choose.

Don't forget that the CO2 tank will come to you empty.

I will make one suggestion:

Call Midwest and make sure the ball lock disconnects are threaded.

They'll know what you mean. The hoses can connect to the ball locks one of two ways…
  • Either a barb that the hose slips over and you clamp with a worm clamp
  • Or a two piece connection that screws on to the connector.

The latter makes it much easier to disassemble and clean the parts and hoses.

Latest posts

Back