Suggested Android Apps

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheFreeman

Reaction score
Hi,

Can anyone suggest any Android apps they use for homebrewing?

Thanks,
TheFreenan

I suggest having a look at the free app WORT i have used it a few times in the past and i believe it has everything you need to be getting on with...if you take the time to fill in all the details it will help to keep you organised on brew day...you just need to take the time and get used to it.

I use Brewzor (free) for some quick calculations, such as strike water temperature (based on grist weight and temperature, and mash water volume), refractometer to gravity conversion, priming amounts of I'm bottling, etc...

Brewer's Friend is completely worth the $2.49 a month. I use it to store all my recipes, plan brews, adjust water profile, calculate gravities, build up yeast starters, and way more. I usually only use the web app since I like to take notes and numbers in Google Drive on brew day, so planning and tracking are dedicated to BF.

I suggest having a look at the free app WORT i have used it a few times in the past and i believe it has everything you need to be getting on with...if you take the time to fill in all the details it will help to keep you organised on brew day...you just need to take the time and get used to it.

I also use Wort on Android.
It's an interesting free app with a "Pro" pay version that has some embedded improvements. The free version is very flexible and allows you to edit and alter multiple recipes. I tend to use Brewers Friend on iPad or PC but when I go to the brew shop to buy my grain/hops/yeast, having a mobile phone app is very handy.

Recently added Palmer's Water adjustment calculator that uses a database spreadsheet for doing profiles to beer style. I'm in the process of evaluating the app for consistency with Brewers Friend Water Calculator.

Last edited:
I use BrewR, it is free for android phones. It was good when I was just doing extract batches but now that I am doing partial mash and all grain beers its not quite as good. It doesn't do the mash and sparge temp/volume calculations for you so those have to be done elsewhere. I still use it to create and keep track of recipes.

I used BeerSmith for years, its solid. I recently started using "BrewFatherApp" and it has blown me away, absolutely love it. Both are pay apps, but the 20 bucks a year for brew father is worth it to me.

Thanks for the info guys, will go over them maybe check some reviews of each and try them out!

I used BeerSmith for years, its solid. I recently started using "BrewFatherApp" and it has blown me away, absolutely love it. Both are pay apps, but the 20 bucks a year for brew father is worth it to me.

Long time BeerSmith user as well but after going through a good part of the BrewFather documentation, I'll have to give it a go. It appears to have a very clean and intuitive interface.

Long time BeerSmith user as well but after going through a good part of the BrewFather documentation, I'll have to give it a go. It appears to have a very clean and intuitive interface.
It hooked me with the water profile calculator, then the batch sheets so you can keep reading seperate for each batch, and ease of use reassured me. 3 hours into the demo version i paid for the year. And it nails the water volumes on my grainfather which beersmith never quite got right.

Latest posts

Back