Success on the Belgian! (Picture)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jazz

Reaction score
Thanks again to everyone who answered an earlier question from me about the slow carbonation and lack of clarity on my batch of Belgian Triple. I took your advice and left it in the den (out of sunlight) for another week at 68 degrees F. I have now moved it down to the basement at 55 degrees while it gets consumed, but it was a good lesson learned. Patience and time are obviously two key ingredients for making a "heavier" beer like this one. Given another week, with no bottle bombs, it has now carbonated to a really fantastic level.... beautiful head, but not blowing up and not filling the bottle with foam... and the clarity really came out wonderfully. I chilled a few bottles in the fridge down to 44 to see if I got any chill haze, and as the picture linked here will show, even when very cold, it settled out wonderfully.

http://runningscared.powerblogs.com/files/jazz-homebrew4u.jpg

And the taste is just fantastic! If I could share one with you through this computer, I would. Thanks again!

Jazz said:
Patience and time are obviously two key ingredients for making a "heavier" beer like this one.
Patience and time are two key ingredients for making any beer, IMHO.

Congrats on your clear sucess. :)

Well, since this is the beginner forum, I won't feel too embarassed to say that it was a kit from Williams Brewing. No talent here. I just followed the instructions.

:eek:

Back