stupidity at a basic level?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ubnserved

Reaction score
Most of us have cell phones nowadays and a good portion of us have "smart" phones.
So I saw a sprint advertisement tonight and the premises of the ad was that people who waste money by paying extra by using Verizon or att were rich and don't care about saving money. (Too rich to care) The end of the ad says "we will pay whatever it takes". Anyone else find it hard to do business with any large corporation because they are constantly calling all of us stupid in a round about way. Reminds me of the bud superbowl commercial.
In the interest of full disclosure, I am a sprint cellular customer and have been for 13 or so years. I have never been able to get a better deal anywhere else. Theses days I use about 30 gig of data a month and that is just one of the 5 lines we have, all unlimited.
Getting back to the point why don't they just do something to make themselves better than the competition? 5G it out and available and common place in korea..... beat everyone else to the punch! And quit acting like everyone is stupid.

What happened to the days when actually being the best was actually something in the United States? Here is a link.... not that I recommend watching it. https://youtu.be/DBR9xBQWeS4

When asked about the sales of his popular minivan back in the day, Lee Iacoca once quipped, "The dogs must love their dog food!"

Good companies push sales at many various types of possible markets. Rich, poor, smart, dumb, and on and on.

This is just one ad they are using to try to get those who don't want to pay more for the same service (or what Sprint says is teh same service, but if it really was, I'd be jumping back into the unlimited data pool with the rest of the kiddies instead of paying extra for Verizon where I can actually get 4G LTE at my house...)

I wouldn't let it get to you. I see this kind of sales tactic ALL THE TIME. A LOT of companies use intelligence as a lever.

I don't care what Sprint says. I can view this message on my mobile in my house because I am not with Sprint.

I finally got a clear moment. .... I could remember that the commercial ticked me for some reason but when I was typing I couldn't figure it out. I just saw the commercial again and was able to see what I saw before.

The line goes "some people are stupid rich for everyone else there's sprint " and then in the very next breath "we will sped what ever it takes".... maybe it is me but isn't that that the very definition of stupid rich?
Maybe I should avoid ranting while not all there.

I don't agree that "spending whatever it takes" necessarily equates to being stupid rich. They could very well be intelligently spending whatever it takes. It's not the same as "Spending much more than it takes".

And don't' feel bad, there is a reason we have a Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumblings forum...

I don't agree that "spending whatever it takes" necessarily equates to being stupid rich. They could very well be intelligently spending whatever it takes. It's not the same as "Spending much more than it takes".

And don't' feel bad, there is a reason we have a Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumblings forum...

I only wish I had been drunk. .... just one of those moments I have now days where all coherent thoughts seem too far away for me to grasp.
Point being that trying to keep up with the pack by throwing money at nothing is not as smart as throwing money at something that will get you ahead of everyone else. (Upgrade to 5g for example ) In other words buying contracts of people who will end up being unhappy with your service is not as smart as improving that service so you don't have to buy those customers they will want to be with your service. Believe me after 13 years with the same service there will be times when they will be unhappy.

Its just an advertising tactic, degrading their competitor rather than accentuating their own attributes (or lack their of). Having had sprint at one point, I dont ever care to go back. Service was horrible. Ive been with Verizon for years, and for being "loyal" have had 40$ taken off my bill in the past 2 years. I can even take an additional 30$ off now if I want, or my wife and I can upgrade.

So, I can still make calls and use internet where I want, for less than what sprint charges. My brother and sister in law just switched to sprint, only to have payments of their phone tacked onto their bill, which the phones should be paid off in 2 years I believe. And after that, they still will pay more than my wife and I.

Who you callin stupid ? You what. Wait. Did you call me? I musta missed it cause my phone is a p.o.s. Sorry.

Its just an advertising tactic, degrading their competitor rather than accentuating their own attributes (or lack their of). Having had sprint at one point, I dont ever care to go back. Service was horrible. Ive been with Verizon for years, and for being "loyal" have had 40$ taken off my bill in the past 2 years. I can even take an additional 30$ off now if I want, or my wife and I can upgrade.

So, I can still make calls and use internet where I want, for less than what sprint charges. My brother and sister in law just switched to sprint, only to have payments of their phone tacked onto their bill, which the phones should be paid off in 2 years I believe. And after that, they still will pay more than my wife and I.

Yeah, they are trying to get everybody to lease their phones now, that in addition to the extra $10 you still have to pay for 4G are my big complaints. I have been with Sprint for a while now, really like the unlimited(unthrottled) data, only have trouble with the signal in my basement for which they sent me a range expander. I may switch away, but I do not like their competitors any better. Verizon has consistently been trying to screw me in any flavor of service from them, and AT&Ts service tends to be pretentious jerks. I have no interest in Tmobile (do they still exist?) or any of the pay as you go type plans.

The world needs to convert to one phone transmission hardware configuration. This Sprint = CDMA, AT&T and the world are on two flavors of GSM crap needs to get to a place where you can buy a phone from one carrier and go to a differnt carrier without having to check to see if your phone is compatible or full of the carriers bloatware. Let me buy a phone from the manufacturer and use it wherever I want.

Sorry. I am ranting..

It's much easier to fool someone once with marketing, and lock them in with barriers to switching, than to continually earn their business by offering competitive products and services. That's one of the big problems with allowing oligopolies to form.

Brew on :mug:

Back