stupid co2 "chargers"

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

handybrew

Reaction score
So i was bought the tap and draft set up for my b-day which is in a few mins ;), yay me, i broke into it last night, put the two lil co2 chargers on it and it was working like a champ 3 beers later, it was a lil slower. Today, i get home and thinking it had time to either leak it all out, as i suspect it has a leak in the lil set up, or pressure up. Dangum thing barely is dispensing beer. So im wondering, are those lil chargers, even tho it uses two at a time only supposed to last a day? any feed back would be nice. btw i cannot upgrade to corny keg, so that is why i am even asking :) lol. if not ill just toss a straw in the 3 liter bottle and wind up calling into work :) :fro::mug::rockin:

Sounds like the CO2 was absorbed into the beer, or you have a leak somewhere. Was the beer carbonated before you added the chargers to the TAD?

Most likely, your beer wasn't full carbonated. I just got my Tap A Draft for Christmas, and did the following and it's working well about a week after putting in the cartridges.

1. Chill keg with cap on to refrigerator temperature.
2. Take keg out of fridge, screw tap handle on with no cartridges.
3. Screw in one cartridge. (I pulled 3 pints with one cartridge in the TAD, and it was carbonated low but fine)
4. The next day, screw in the other cartridge. This immediately brought my carbonation level up and it has stayed that way since. If you need more foam on your beer, pull the tap handle halfway and it will create more foam.
5. Keep drinking!

yeah it was very well carbonated prior to putting it in fridge to cool off. :mug: and after a drew off a few more pints it just stop putting out like we've been married for 40 years or something. so i decided i was gonna investigate it a little bit. After further evaluation of this awesome device, i have concluded that the right side co2 did not puncture. bam, problem solved. so we have found that one charger is good for dispensing 8-9 pints lol. I looked closely at it and have also determined that there is a slight difference in the right side as well, even on trying to replace the two cartridges i found that the right side, which i made danggum good and sure it went on up in yonder, took alot more thread action to get it to finally puncture. but i did it, and now i see how beautiful this thing really is :tank:. ok as far as the feller go saying that he just used one cartridge first, i used two at one time and it seems to be holding pressure and seems to be designed to work best that way, but does it seem to help your cartridges last longer if you do one then add another? oh and besure not to use non-foodgrade catridges peoples lol i found out after reading is that the co2 cartridges for bb-guns have oil in em to prevent rust, where as the ones for beverages do not. thanks :)

*current brew lve clone 9.5%av

the one's i use are 8gm as it is the ones that came with my set up, and i think are the ones that are used with the tap and draft :mug:

Back