Stucked regulator!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amin

Reaction score
hi guys, well i manage to buy CO2 Tank i think it worth it better that my usually mud syrup by yeast :rockin:

however i got bit issue with it on second time i tried to use it
seems pressure go like near 55 psi but nothing come out of other side!
as you can see in photo!
n65fo0.jpg

i wonder what's going on is it cause of faulty regulator?
should i change it or can i fix it somehow?

That looks totally like a welding regulator.

And you're not looking at the right scale.

What you think is "55 psi" is actually 55 BAR - which roughly corresponds to the 900 PSI TANK PRESSURE that the inner scale shows.
You actually have no idea how much pressure the regulator is set for right now because there is no pressure gauge on the output side of the regulator, just the flow meter.

Do you have the flow meter valve open?

Cheers!

valve of regulator is opened since last nite and nothing come out of it!

but tank itself without of regulator yeah it shoots one hell out of gas! :confused:

He asked above:"Do you have the flow meter valve opened?"

Either the valve is closed, or the regulator knob is not screwed down, ( clockwise rotation, to raise output pressure), or the regulator is no good.

thanks dualcore its very similar to picture you sent but the middle valve you shown in pic, in my case is fixed it won't budge

stealth im new on this thingy i don't even know what is flow meter! all i have is that pic up there :confused:

thanks dualcore its very similar to picture you sent but the middle valve you shown in pic, in my case is fixed it won't budge

Sounds like you have a bad valve. That middle valve is your regulator valve. The one on the left is just a cut-off valve.

awuch -_- no wonder nothing come out of regulator thanks for time you put in and explain it on pic i guess have to change it.

thank you dualcore

well i returned faulty chinese regulator and got new one from oxyturbo bit costly but it work perfect now thanks for all guide and time you guys put in for helping me ^_^

It looks like one of the old GasTech regulators I saw in the labs at school. From what I remember, they're no different from the homebrew regulators I use in my keggerator.[...]

I'd hope there's one difference.

Having only a flowmeter on the low pressure side significantly reduces the utility of a CO2 system wrt home brew applications. Somewhat useful when flushing air out of vessels, but pretty much useless for carbonation or dispensing...

Cheers!

yeah got better regulator :) hopefully in time i can learn and share info as well

Latest posts

Back