Strong hop aroma from the bubbler

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scratch_six_1

Reaction score
Hope I didn't over do it. I recently started a fermentation of a recipe I modeled on a strong European ale. Five gallon batch with 1 ounce of Cascade for the full 60 minute boil and .5 ounce of Eureka for the last 15 minutes. Both pellet. As with previous sessions I expected the nice 'bready' smell of fermentation from the bubbler. Instead their was a strong hops aroma. Not unpleasant, but as a newbie, I wonder if you guys ever experienced it.

yeah when i use mandrina barvaria .. it's not bad though once it's ready to drink ;)

yeah when i use mandrina barvaria .. it's not bad though once it's ready to drink ;)
Brewed a saison with mandarina barvaria and I tried a sample a week into fermentation and bitterness was just off the charts. Skip ahead a few weeks, I had about 6 pints of it yesterday and it quite tasty. Just let it do it's thing and it'll be fine.

Latest posts

Back