Strive for Punctuality... But...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CreamyGoodness

Reaction score
... don't drive like a moron.

Some lady was apparently late for work or there was a big sale at Dumb Bitches R US or something and blew a stopsign. My wife, who had only a second or two to brake, wound up bumping this idiot's rear end, causing the other car to spin into a parked car.

My wife (who is rather pregnant you might remember) is ok, as is the baby, but the front of the car is a mess. Luckily there were several witnesses, a camera recording from a local business (coincidentally our mechanic) and both drivers have insurance.

Which leads me to ask rhetorically, is being on time for work worth risking the lives of not one but three people (if you count the idiot herself), and having to pay for (via cash or premium) for not one but 3 vehicles?

:mad:

I think of you tested most drivers in a benign environment, they would all pass. Very few lack the vision and reflexes to make proper driving decisions..... problem is divided attention and distracted driving. No one is just going from point A to B anymore. Banning electronic devices won't fix it either because people will continue to use them as they've become a necessity to American life.

This is why I gave up driving a motorcycle on paved roads.

Why the hell would you want to be on-time for work anyway?

"Every minute I'm late for work, is a minute less work I have to do." I'm fairly certain those were my dear-departed father's dying words, and goddammit, I intend to honor his memory.

My daughter is still practice driving. I tell her all the time, "There are idiots everywhere."

I've caught young ladies (sorry, ladies, but so far it's only been ladies) texting or something on their phones behind me. Sometimes I will do a short stop maneuver just to catch their expressions when they realize they weren't paying attention enough.

I don't believe in "time"

oh, sure, as a natural 4th dimensional concept to mark sequences of events and distinguish identical events occurring in the same point in space, yeah

but as a man-made construct to divide & measure those sequences of events, not so much

oh, sure, as a natural 4th dimensional concept to mark sequences of events and distinguish identical events occurring in the same point in space, yeah

but as a man-made construct to divide & measure those sequences of events, not so much

time still believes in you.

Glad your family is Okay, Creamy.

I am one of those that leaves an hour early (sometimes more) for work. Especially since I work in downtown Anchorage. There are only 2 roads in and out of Anchorage, 1 in the northside and 1 in the southside and they fill up fast during our form of rush hour. God forbid there is a collision with another vehicle, a moose, a bear or any other disturbance to the traffic flow, because you will automatically add a very long delay to your communte. Unfortunately, I cannot leave that early to return home and must deal with the phonetalkers, rubber neckers and the greenhorns that haven't a clue how to drive on winter roads or can't resist suddenly slowing down to look at that moose browsing along the highway.

Does Elvis talk to you? He tells you to burn stuff doesn't he....

Glad your family is ok. I pretty much go from point a to b anymore and avoid high volume hours when most idiots are out. People shure think they need to prove something driving 60 in a 35. I watched some guy do this as he ended up pulling into a convenient store probably before work.

I was sweating this long cold winter we had with my wifes safety who is due end of May now. She had some near misses going to work a few times. But what makes me ironicly more nervous is how clumsy she is around the house now. I don't know whether I like when she leaves or stays home now.

My daughter is still practice driving. I tell her all the time, "There are idiots everywhere."

I've caught young ladies (sorry, ladies, but so far it's only been ladies) texting or something on their phones behind me. Sometimes I will do a short stop maneuver just to catch their expressions when they realize they weren't paying attention enough.

I had a guy, must have been 45 in front of so clearly texting or facebooking or something. He was weaving across the line going 15 mph under the limit.

My roadrage was almost uncontrollable. He had 3 kids in the car and was crossing the line on a heavilly wooded area where you could NOT see around the next bend.....did I mention 15 mph BELOW the speed limit?

DUMB F**K

It's amazing how hurried people are. I'm also amazed at how situational awareness people have. I was in a car accident back in November because a lady simply didn't see my driving down the road and she pulled out in front of me. I had to have foot surgery, I had a bad concussion, busted ribs, the whole bit. Always wear your seatbelt too!

Always wear your seatbelt too!

+infinity

One of many things that would be different on my lunar colony or a a country I ruled is that those people who say they want to be "thrown clear" will immediately have their voting card revoked.

+infinity

One of many things that would be different on my lunar colony or a a country I ruled is that those people who say they want to be "thrown clear" will immediately have their voting card revoked.

+1, I like to list the number of things a person must get past for people that I meet that still believe in that theory.

1. Windshield with the safety layer in it designed to protect you form objects smashing through at near freeway speeds.
2. Forward air bags
3. Side air bags if equipped
4. The Dash and lots of metal all around
5. Side windows; if you gain enough speed to smash though the landing will cause serious injury.
6. What ever hit what you are in on the outside

My ending question:
So you mange to get out, what objects or other vehicle are headed your way as you lie unconscious on the ground? :eek:

Back