Strike over beer...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I remember reading about this a little while back. It just shows the difference in attitudes between Americans and Europeans when it comes to alcohol consumption. I would love to be able to knock back a couple at lunch. For goodness sake, there is a brewpub right across the street from where I work.

I worked with a guy whose son works at the bud plant in newark. They used to have the same setup, with coolers around the plant. He told me when they took away the coolers it was written into their contracts that the workers would instead get a free case a month to make up for it.

I worked with a guy whose son works at the bud plant in newark. They used to have the same setup, with coolers around the plant. He told me when they took away the coolers it was written into their contracts that the workers would instead get a free case a month to make up for it.

A free case a month? Pshh, AB are cheap asses. When I toured Stone's brewery, the tour guide told us each and every employee of Stone gets either a free half barrel keg a month or gets to take home a growler every day after work.

It's always good to search first when posting older news: Carlsberg Strike

I think it's reasonable to limit or eliminate beer drinking while working. You can face lawsuits for negligence and heaven forbid there is a drunk driver accident. The driver's trucks may have alcohol locks, but odds are their personal vehicles do not. I don't see a problem with allowing people to drink during lunch break instead...

Back