Strawberry lemonade beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oostur

Reaction score
Thinking of brewing an all grain strawberry lemonade beer, any thoughts for a recipe?

What about making a radler using a homebrewed strawberry blonde ale and homemade lemonade?

Yeah, I just need something to drink now that it's warming up. I almost forgot what leaves on the trees looked like!

Strawberry Wheat or Hefe with fresh strawberrys, Sorachi Ace Hops, and Wyest 3463 - Forbidden Fruit, which gives citrusy tart esters. Maybe even backsweeten it with a bit of fresh lemonaide if you have a keg setup! Sounds like a SWMBO special!

I dig the Hefe ideas on this, You may think i'm crazy for suggesting this but use coriander at .5g/l and lemon zest in the boil. Then add strawberries in the secondary and leave in until its ready! Hops I suggest Whitbread Goldings Variety because they're irresistibly fruity in the 15-20 mins left in the boil. Plus it'd go well with the hefe idea. But again, that's my crazy idea..lol

For now I think I'm going to just add some fresh strawberries and lemon extract to the secondary. Depending on how it works I may try one of these other suggestions.

Latest posts

Back