Strawberry Guavas

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

C-Rider

HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I have access to a large amount of Strawberry Guava's in the field (Psidium cattleyanum). It's gonna take weeks to gather enough to ferment. Can I just juice them as gather them and put the juice in Mason Jars and then put the jar in 160* water to kill any wild yeast? Then when I have enough juice thaw out and ferment.

Sounds like that would work...........Or freeze it until you have enough quantity.

I have a large amount of lemons to deal with........Year round, and this is what I do.
Measure the qty. before freezing, and make note of it for later.

Sounds like that would work...........Or freeze it until you have enough quantity.

I have a large amount of lemons to deal with........Year round, and this is what I do.
Measure the qty. before freezing, and make note of it for later.
That was my first thought, but Mama-san has to much food in the freezer. LOL

I did some strawberries in 2015 and it turned out fantastic, i did because of the low sugar content in them add .5lb sugar per gallon of must.

For 10 months i was so disappointed and around the 11 month mark came the most amazing strawberry notes, i wish i would've had the patience to wait do drink the lot but i didn't and only had 1/2 gallon left.

I did however use 150lb berries for the batch and recovered 3 gallons likker.

Best bet is to eat the food and freeze the berries until you have enough to do a proper batch otherwise youll be disappointed.

Latest posts

Back