Stovetop/bottle Pasteurizing Mid-Carbing to Retain Sugar

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kaybray

Reaction score
This is my first post here, so sorry if this has been covered ad nauseum, but a simple search won't give me any clues.

I'm about to try a fruit beer (60/40 pilsner/wheat) with whatever large amount of either peaches or berries I can find. I haven't really delved into liquid yeast thus far, which have a lot more options in terms of attenuation.

The problem is that I'd like to be able to get a decent amount of sweetness out of the original sugars without back-sweetening with Spenda or whatever. This is for my GF and she has a sweeter preference. Also, with it being a fruit beer, I'd like to preserve some of their natural sugars without it being eaten up by the US-05, which I plan on using for its clean quality.

Tell me if you think this will get the results I'm wanting, or I'll have a bunch of glass exploding in boiling hot water:

I'll rack primary into secondary over whatever fruit I end up using, and probably wait for that to calm down from re-fermenting (but still with some sugar left over). Bottle, and test carbonation frequently, and bottle pasteurize at a good level of carbonation.

Thanks!

Back