Storing beer??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clw2112

Reaction score
What is the best thing to do with my beer between the fermentation and bottling/kegging stage. Right now I have a batch of xmas ale thats been in the primary for ~8wks and I'm not sure what do to with it. I already have a keg in my kegerator and dont have room for a second. I would prefer to bottle this batch but dont have the time and may not for a couple more weeks.

Should I transfer it into a carboy/secondary? Should I transfer it into a corney keg and just hit it with some CO2 to purge out the oxygen and seal it up then leave it in my basement until I finish my current keg? And if I leave it in thee keg until I bottle it will that cause any problems carbing it? I don't have a beer gun so I would transfer from keg to bottling bucket and add priming sugar. Could I add the priming sugar in the keg and let it carb in the keg? Or just leave it in the primary?

Thanks.

If you're going to store it for a while,glass isn't o2 permiable like plastic. Plastic is ok for a couple months generally. Glass is better for the long run. Some stor in kegs with co2 pyrging the oxygen. I don't know what pressure though.

Back