Stone Ruination IPA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Taco29wps

Reaction score
Just brewed up the Stone Ruination IPA...with a few changes. I got the recipe from this site, the BYO magazine addition. I changed a couple of things about the hops and added some brown sugar. The recipe called for 2.25 oz of Magnum, instead I used 2oz of Columbus, tossed in .5oz centennial and a packed cup of brown sugar at flame out, and instead of dry hopping 2 oz of centennial, I subbed in 1oz of cascade with the centennial. also, instead of the WLP002, I used a harvested Cali V from a batch I made last month. The starter was about 1400 ml. I hit the expected OG right on the money at 1.072!! :mug:

So as I read this, I suppose the reality is that I have brewed a completely different beer...lol I am sure its going to be amazing. I tasted the hydrometer sample and it was very good. I will keep you all posted and if you have questions before you try it out, let me know!

Note: I have never tried Runination but have had many Stone IPA's. (love that beer!!!)

Taco :D

....... So you didn't make a Ruination clone?!?

Probably be a decent beer.

Back