Stock pot burners

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rodent

Rumbler of the low end
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I am always amazed that more people don't utilize a stock pot burner in their brewing setup.

These units have 80K BTU (same as a Blichmann Hellfire on mode), burn propane or natural gas, support a live load of 105 pounds, sport a dual controlled burner ring (40K BTU each), and typically sell new for $375.

http://atosausa.com/product/atsp-18-1/
18-1-750x900.jpg

The also offer a dual burner model (short version pictured below) that typically goes for $675
ATSP18-2L_stockpot_1400-750x900.jpg

I had never seen anything about those on HBT until your post this evening in the other thread.
They're a bit unwieldy wrt mounting in a brew stand, which probably explains a lot.
Why is the cabinet so tall, btw? It's not like one could fit a pot below the drip tray, or use that space as a warmer...

Cheers!

cabinet height probably has to do with comfortable working level of the stock pots used

I'm looking at designing a new brew room, and am considering utilizing a pair of these as stand alone together with a stainless table. not conventional sculpture, but I'm ok with that

I don't know about the Hellfire performance on NG, but the Floor Burner and other BG14-based burners really aren't suitable for indoor use on NG, period. If the element used on this stock pot burner burns efficiently/clean on 11" WC NG that's definitely a clear advantage.

But the form-factor will never be popular, imo...

Cheers!

There are thousands, maybe 10s or 20s thousands or more, of Blichmann burners out there. And millions of other burners like them. I doubt that stability is an issue. It hasn't been with my turkey fryer or Bayou Classic SP10. I also think you can convert the Blichmann to natural gas with a simple kit.

I don't know about the Hellfire performance on NG, but the Floor Burner and other BG14-based burners really aren't suitable for indoor use on NG, period. If the element used on this stock pot burner burns efficiently/clean on 11" WC NG that's definitely a clear advantage.

But the form-factor will never be popular, imo...

Cheers!

Didn't think of the indoor aspect. Personally I would not use any converted device indoors.

I'm confused as well. You're saying these offer the same amount of heat output as the Blichmann but cost 3 times more. And why would you buy this over the Blichmann?? lol

I'm confused as well. You're saying these offer the same amount of heat output as the Blichmann but cost 3 times more. And why would you buy this over the Blichmann?? lol
indoor use (not a garage, but actually in a room inside the house) with natural gas, something the Blichmann isn't designed to do

A bonus is that this can serve double duty performing what it's marketed for - large stock pots for making soup. It could also be utilized when home canning Mason jars

Don't get me wrong - I'm not pushing this on anybody. My intent is simply to share a usable appliance for those who might be looking for an indoor option that isn't an electric RIMS

Latest posts

Back