Stir or not??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rabbitoh

Reaction score
G'day guys I'm pretty new at this so I'm just doing coopers cans with brew enhancers etc. Just wondering I always stir yeast in but coopers reckon just sprinkle it on top?? Does it matter which you do??

G'day guys I'm pretty new at this so I'm just doing coopers cans with brew enhancers etc. Just wondering I always stir yeast in but coopers reckon just sprinkle it on top?? Does it matter which you do??

Doesn't matter. Once the yeast hit the wort they do their own thing. Just make sure you're aerating well before you pitch.

Dry yeast should really be rehydrated prior to pitching....it only takes about 30 minutes and the yeast are in much better shape for fermentation.

Dry yeast should really be rehydrated prior to pitching....it only takes about 30 minutes and the yeast are in much better shape for fermentation.

Or....you can follow the directions on the packet. :mug: That debate has been beaten to within an inch of it's life.

Latest posts

Back