Still waiting on Rhizomes from NB

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stormcrow

Reaction score
My wife preordered our hop rhizomes from Northern Brewer about six weeks ago. They still haven't arrived, and we haven't recieved any notification or correspondence concerning our order. Has anyone here ordered from them and recieved rhizomes yet? I know everything is backed up right now.

I ordered some from adventures in home brewing and I just reached out today because I haven’t received mine and they told me that they are coming in slowly but I should have them in time to have them in the ground by the end of the month.

I know it’s not Northern Brewer but I’m thinking the shipping is the issue across the board.

I ordered some from adventures in home brewing and I just reached out today because I haven’t received mine and they told me that they are coming in slowly but I should have them in time to have them in the ground by the end of the month.

I know it’s not Northern Brewer but I’m thinking the shipping is the issue across the board.
Cool. Thanks

Northern Brewer typically has decent customer service. If they haven't pulled everyone away to other departments, and if you seem friendly enough when you get through to them, they'd probably give you an updated guesstimate on a shipping date if you ask them.

Again not NB, but my rhizomes just shipped today.

USPS, UPS and FedEx are all busy as well.

Thanks for the replies. Glad to hear it's not just me. I've always been happy with Northern Brewer, which is why I was starting to wonder.

I’m also waiting on my rhizomes from adventures in home brewing. With quick response, I was told via email that the rhizomes are harvested in their area late April and shipped to them at that time for processing and shipping out. Seems like the rhizome harvesting date in their area is later than other sellers and I’ll also be expected shipping delays like the rest of us. I fortunately ordered rhizomes on amazon late feb from a SoCal region and got them planted early March and have lots of growth up already. Can’t wait for those chinooks though!

My rhizomes from Northern Brewer arrived today! Hope to get them in the ground this weekend.

20200523_191207.jpg
20200523_191207.jpg
My first shoot ever! Success! It's late, I know, but still exciting. One of my others poked through today too. I think I'm just going to let them go pretty wild for this first year.

Latest posts

Back