Still Getting Use TO Ferminting Under Pressure

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elmo Peach

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
My son in law who came over from Belgium helped me make anothr Scrap Ale. We took what ever malt that had not been used thios year and brewed another Scrap Ale. We did this the last time the kids came over from Europe. B&S (Bill And Sam )Scrap Ale. This year it's B&S Boxing Day Scrap Ale. We put the wort in the Fremzilla alrounder and the next morning the pressure was 35+ psi I adjusted the pressure by relaesing the value on top of the fermenter again the presure climbed high. The duo fit regulator was jammed I took it apart and cleadend it now it works ok.

The wort started out at 1.064 and has stopped at 1,018/ Will this beer be too sweet?

Not necessarily. ~72% attenuation is right about what you get from a lot of UK yeast.

How'd you hop it? What was the grist like?
I used 1 oz E Kent goldings at 60 min and again one oz E K Goldings at 30 min. The grist was a little fine. My first time grinding my own grain. A bit of a stuck mash but worked through it. I used Kveik yeast YEAST - LALBREW VOSS KVEIK 11G. Fermented at 67 F. on day 6 the sg 1019. The last 3 days sg is 1.018.

IBUs? 1oz of bittering in 5 gallons is different than in 10.

For grist, I meant what types of grain. A ton of crystal/caramel malts might be cloyingly sweet. Others might just add body.

IBUs? 1oz of bittering in 5 gallons is different than in 10.

For grist, I meant what types of grain. A ton of crystal/caramel malts might be cloyingly sweet. Others might just add body.

1lB VICTORY, 1/2 LB acidulated malt, 3 lb. 2 row,1 lb carafoam, 1 lb wheat malt 1 lb carapils, 3 lb. veinna malt

Back