Still alive - just tackling a HUGE DIY

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kind of jumping around chronologically but whatever...

Dome1.JPG

HallWall.JPG

PanHall.JPG

The plaster work on the dome is one of the few trades I didn't do, and I'm really glad I hired the pros

Lath.JPG

Plaster1.JPG

Plaster2.JPG

So Jester...this thread is over 2 years old now, are you actually finished with the house?

Love your work, keep the pictures coming.

So Jester...this thread is over 2 years old now, are you actually finished with the house?

Sadly, no, not yet. Most of what's left is trim work and flooring, but I do still have to finish plumbing the master bath, and build all my cabinets. Takes a long time with just two hands.

You tease me with the spiral staircase opening but then don't show the actual staircase - how rude!! :D

Awesome house!!

My dad and I rented one of those lifts to drywall the ceiling of his woodshop. Worth every penny to crank those drywall panels up and hold them tight against the joists! Looking great!

Running out of pics as I catch up to the present - I'll actually have to start taking more I guess.

Here's a few random ones

One of the boys' room
BrowLights.JPG

GreyPaint.JPG

GreyCloset.JPG

The other boy's room is identical, just different colors
BlueCloset.JPG

Master bedroom painted (those are speaker holes for the 'TV' - an overhead projector shines between them)
MasterPaint.JPG

don't know if you mentioned it previously, but can you talk about that floor heat system you're using?

So progress continues, if somewhat slowly. With the exception of the upstairs hallway, the walls and ceilings are all painted. Still have a fair amount of finish electrical to do, as well as most of the flooring, and all of the trim work. I'm now gearing up for cabinet making - accumulating a few specialty tools, materials, and last minute researching for some of the less conventional aspects. I'll have to grab some photos of the downstairs since the last ones show just post tape and mud. In the meantime, here's what I'm working on for my pantry shelving:

PantryShelving.png

Here is what I fabricated for breaking down the big sheet goods for the cabinets - it's built, but I never grabbed a photo of the finished product.

PlyCutTable.png

And lastly, a welding table project that I'm part way through fabricating. I'm a complete beginner at welding, so I'm learning as I go.

WeldingTable.png

Hadn't seen an update in a few months. Are you hoping that you and Red will be in by the end of the year?

Still chugging away on this - just haven't been posting. Current project is tiling the kitchen, hardwood floors, and building the kitchen cabinets. I'll try to get some updates done soon. I've actually been living there for a year and a half or so - it's a little inconvenient living in a partially finished house, but not too bad. It's functional, just not pretty.

Latest posts

Back