sticky kegerator tap

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stellrbrewr

Reaction score
My kegerator tapper gets sticky after 2 days of a beer going on tap. Is this normal? Does everyone just have a cleaning solution keg on the side to clean when your done for the night? Seems everything ive read, most people only need to clean once the keg is tapped.

To Hijack this thread:
That specific perlick faucet, does the handle also pull forward to dispense normally, or is it strictly a "creamier head" faucet?
I imagine it's dual purpose, but I figured I'd ask since the description in that link is a little ambiguous.

edit: That was a lazy question on my part. Looked it up; yes it's dual purpose.

For what it's worth. I took my faucets apart, cleaned them, then applied a very thin layer of food grade lubricant on moving parts and the sealing surfaces. I went over a year now before they started to become a little sticky, but not bad. I was concerned it might have an affect on the head retention of the beer, but if it did, I didn't notice.

Back