Sticker temp strips

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I find they're fairly accurate when I've compared it to a digital thermometer. One tip, put a strip of clear tape over the temp sticker as they degrade when wet.

People on other threads have said they are within one degree F of a thermowell measured temperature.

Active fermentation stirs up the beer really well, but in the lag phase and after fermentation there will be temperature stratification. That is to say the top will be a little warmer than the bottom, I’d guess 2F.

If you stick it in the middle it will give you the average temperature, which is probably the way to go.

I've found them to be really accurate...usually within 1-2 degrees of my digital probe. They can be a bit tricky to read as the color will "bleed" over several of the degree markers. They have worked great for me though.

If you use, or are likely to use a swamp cooler, place strip near the top of the beer. This way it will not get submerged in the water.

I find them surprisingly accurate.

Ty for the feedback I had very little range difference from my Johnson and sticker therm. I want to put several germs in my chamber with one control and the stickers will work great on the others. Thanks again cheers

Dirty B.

I have to agree,basically. I used my All Temp laser thermometer on my bucket fermenters to check the accuracy of the temp strip just to experiment. The actual temp difference was about .6F. Good enough for a temp strip placed about the middle of the liquid level.:rockin:

Back