Stella Artois Clone - Has anyone tried this?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you have the ability to control fermentation temperature?

The key to success with this kit is the ferment. Lagers require a bit more attention to detail than do ales.

Cheers,

Bob

Did you end up trying it? I've got a SWMBO request for Stella. I'd prefer doing it from a recipe rather than a kit (so I can know what's in it and use that info in the future), but I'm having trouble finding a recipe for Stella...

Brew day went great. Stove top all grain, and nailed the OG just fine (1.048). Just pitched a 1L starter + 1 extra vial of yeast (still under pitching though...) at 61F with the fridge set at 52F.

Now for the waiting game...

Well, how did it turn out?

My guess is, you under pitched and fermented too warm.

Turned out fine. I still haven't done a blind taste test vs a real stella, but I still have about 20 bottles left so maybe I'll do that. It's been so long since I've head Stella that I don't remember what the real one tastes like.

It did ferment slow due to the under pitching, but I don't think I fermented it too warm, and I'm not picking up any off flavors.

Back