steam Pateurization chamber project

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dusty1025

Reaction score
I'm planning to build a steam pasteurization chamber for my cider. I use 32oz bottles and their size makes it difficult to pasteurize them submerged in water on the stovetop. I bought one of these: http://www.harborfreight.com/dual-burner-propane-stove-35559.htmlat harbor freight yesterday.

I'm looking for a large oval or rectangular vessel to put across both burners then i'll build a rack to sit the bottles on to keep them out of the boiling water. I can weld and fabricate but i thought it best to try to find something commercially availabe for the piece i'll be applying direct fire to. I plan on building a lid with thermometer myself.
I looked at 30 gallon stock tanks at Tractor Supply that are the prefect size but i don't want to use anything galvanized. I may be able to use one of them if i could devise some sort of steam generator that wouldnt apply direct flame to the metal.

I'm a little stuck here ... any ideas?

Back