starting 2nd batch of beer and got a ????

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

baddagger

Reaction score
hey guys well im starting my 2nd batch i was going to make a blue moon beer but then i changed my mind and going to make the dogfish head orange beer
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f85/blood-orange-hefeweizen-98579/index2.html

i had gottone almost all the stuff already from my local homebrew store and they were very nice to let me change out my hops (a week later after i bought them) and i had also gotten 1lb of 2 row and .75lb of flaked oats.... now i was wondering if i did use the flaked oats and 2-row in the dogfish head beer recipie would it change the flavor or just help the head of the beer more and leave the flavor alone?

i dont mind leaving out the grains if it will change the flavor but it it will make the beer have a better head and not effect the flavor i woudl rather use it and not wast the money i spent to buy it

My guess is it will change the flavor. Now how much and with what flavors, I am not sure. I would be willing to bet that it would be a good beer with the wheat in it. I would say use it and you will probably have a good if not great beer. Will it be dogfish head orange beer? Probably not, but it will be close.

Latest posts

Back