Started my single tier brew standard

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GeorgiaMead

Reaction score
I have a table and old filing cabinet right now as my brew stand. My dad has some old scaffolding that had3 Sets of steps. Today I cut off all the steps to give me 6 6ft tubes of steel. Im saving the steps to use as dividers and to make wind barriers. Im still working on my dimentions. Right now I dont have keggles but they are in the near future.(trying to find old kegs instead of buying kegs and having them full of gross beer to dispose of, and I dont want to technically have to steal them)

Any tips about burners and dimensions?

Sounds like the beginnings of an awesome set up. I have yet to plan out my brewstand, (some day maybe....some day...) but I would think the more BTUs you can get out of your burners, the quicker you're going to have your strike water heated and your mash-in going, and ultimately your wort boiling. :mug:

Just ordered a banjo burner, and should be getting a keg this week, so I can get a firm number on my dimension, and the start the cutting and welding. Might look at buying or renting a band saw to get good even cuta

Just ordered a banjo burner, and should be getting a keg this week, so I can get a firm number on my dimension, and the start the cutting and welding. Might look at buying or renting a band saw to get good even cuta

That's what I did. Good luck. Let me know if you have any questions. Cheers

That's what I used. Made life easier. Good luck. Let me know if you have any questions. Cheers

Looking good, I been busy, and havent had near enough time to get very much done

Thanks, im thinking of running 3/8in pile for the gas line so I can put my needle valves in with ease. See any problems with thay?

Back