starsan in keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smarek82

Reaction score
I've been brewing for a year an half now and this is the first time I have encountered this issue.

I recently brewed a blonde ale about 5 weeks ago. It was in the secondary for 2 weeks in the refrig at 38 degrees. When racking into the keg i drew a sample and it was clear as day.

I kegged it, threw it on 13 psi, and now a week later, it is not only unclear, but practically opaque. Can't be chill haze or yeast in suspension because it was clear as day after the secondary cold crash. Taste does not give me notion that it is infected either.

The only different thing I did this time was use a keg that was filled with starsan in the keg and beer line that was sitting with the starsan in it for the better part of 3 months.

Should I have rinsed it out before racking into the keg? Can the starsan lead to an opaque appearance in the beer? Please tell me it will get better.

I doubt if it's the starsan. Even the smallest amount of trub/yeast racked into a keg will produce cloudy beer til the keg settles down.

Back