Star San bubbles ok?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beau815

Reaction score
I know that this is in the threads somewhere and nothing i like more than researching but i had lasik eye surgery yesterday and not supposed to be looking at tv computer or texting so figured id bottle. but need to ask... i always used idophor and am using star san for the 1st time. i did 1 oz for 5 gals per directions. im rinsing and brushing. is it ok if they dry with them suds bubbles in them?

:ban: StarSan Party! :ban:

That way the skanks get sanitized before you bring them home. :cross:

foam-party-a9l21.jpg

wait... dont even dry them before bottling? put beer in WITH the foam and wet star san in the bottle? This may be my best beer yet, imperial stout yeti clone all grain with bourbon soaked oak chips... thats why i got star san, had bottle bombs for 1st time before. fill them with beer before drying?

Star san is a no rinse sanitizer, so correct, fill bottles while wet with Star san and don't dry.

You can fill em wet. You might not want puddles of start san in your bottles. But, if they drip dry, that would be fine too. Just make sure nothing is falling into them.

ok cool. i have them on a bottle tree that i sanatized with it too so i guess i will get bottling once im done with the last few bottles, thanks! I wont leave puddles because they are upside down but they def had bubbles inside on the edges.

wait... dont even dry them before bottling? put beer in WITH the foam and wet star san in the bottle? This may be my best beer yet, imperial stout yeti clone all grain with bourbon soaked oak chips... thats why i got star san, had bottle bombs for 1st time before. fill them with beer before drying?

From what I've read the Star San foam can also be consumed by the yeast as a nutrient.

Rev.

Don't let the StarSan dry - it'll break down and become yeast food - won't leave "off" flavors or hurt the yeast. :rockin:

Nah, it's perfectly fine to let it dry. By the way, I accidentally clicked the thumbbsdown when clicking to reply, hope I didn't do anything negative. Responding on my Droid 2 - sometimes easy to hit the wrong thing.

Rev.

Yeast eat that stuff for breakfast, lunch and dinner. You'll love the surgery I had it two years ago.

Yeah so far everythings GREAT! they said im 20/14 from 20/200. Just distance letters and numbers are still not crystal clear. hopefully it gets sharper, only been 4 days so im sure im still recovering

Back