Stainless steel pot quality

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ndl

Reaction score
Hello good people of Brewland,

I found a few places here in UK to source a stainless steel pot. Apparently most of the shops get their pots from the same manufacturer (so it looks like). Most of the pots look like this:
21l-stainless-steel-pot.jpg

While some of the ebay sellers from continental Europe sell pots like this:
$_1.GIF

Notice the difference in the handles and lids.

Price wise it's very similar to the ones in UK - 130-140 squid for 50L+70L delivered.

Has anyone tried these in the 2nd image? Is the quality any different?

Thanks!

Hello good people of Brewland,

I found a few places here in UK to source a stainless steel pot. Apparently most of the shops get their pots from the same manufacturer (so it looks like). Most of the pots look like this:
21l-stainless-steel-pot.jpg

While some of the ebay sellers from continental Europe sell pots like this:
$_1.GIF

Notice the difference in the handles and lids.

Price wise it's very similar to the ones in UK - 130-140 squid for 50L+70L delivered.

Has anyone tried these in the 2nd image? Is the quality any different?

Thanks!
Its most likely made of 201 stainless as most kitchenware stainless is. Most kettles come from china and some from India The lids and handles are changed for the different companies that buy them to distribute them as their own to throw off customers. even the blichmann kettles were made in china for a long time and the spike kettles still are I believe but all the ports and custom fab work is done locally by spike...

201 stainless is absolutely fine for home brewing BTW and you will notice no actual difference between that and 304 stainless ... the reason breweries use 304 is they use strong caustic chemical cleaners that would damage the 201 stainless over time... these are not available to the public for home brewing use yet the 304 stainless marketing is popular since big breweries use it right? ..its more of a marketing gimmick when advertised for homebrewing

Back