Stainless Steel Folding Steamer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DarkSide

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has used a Stainless Steel Folding Steamer as a straining element in the bottom of their Mashtun. See here:

http://littlechef-bigchef.com/steamers_and_folding_steamers_for_sale.htm

I just made my own Mashtun using a round 5 Gallon Rubbermaid Style cooler. I have a SS braided hose cover from a dishwasher hose as the manifold in the bottom of the cooler. It is just sitting in a circle on the bottom and I thought this might be a cool addition to sit on the bottom (it has small legs) over top of the manifold. I think it will do a great job of keeping the grain bed off the bottom and crushing the manifold, restricting wort flow. It's cheap enough so I think I'll get one and give it a try.

Anybody have any input?

No mashtun for me, just a comment about the link you posted. You need to delete the last part of the url that somehow got added on there, it's currently not a working link. Delete the part: &t=homebrewtalkc-20

Thanks Pizzaman, I'm not sure what happened with that link. I checked and the post I wrote did not have that extra bit anywhere in it. Mystery to me. Anyhow, I put up a new link,

Thanks Pol, that's what I wanted to know. I thought it looked like a good idea.

Um... my tube connecting it to the bulkhead kept it in place.

Back