Stainless Steel Coupler Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TNugent

Reaction score
If I have female 1/2" NPT SS Couplers welded into my kettles and want to attach ball valves and other fittings that also have female NPT ports, what size male nipple is normally needed to join the two together and have sufficient enough threads to make a full seal? I don't want my ball valve sticking out 2" from the side of my kettle because I used nipples that were too long.

I see brewhardware.com has them from 1 1/8" to 3" in length. Do the close 1 1/8" nipples allow ball valves and other fittings to screw on enough that they form a solid seal with some teflon tape?

Thanks,
Trent

Close nipples are fine, they still stick out farther than I would like though. All NPT nipples flare, so they only go in so far no matter how short or long..

I had a few vessles in the past with welded couplings, close nippes are good for your application. Cheers..

Back