Stainless Steel Braid Questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MDVDuber

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Getting ready to build a cooler Mash Tun but before I test it on a real batch of grain I was concerned that my Stainless braid might have oil residues on it. Is running it through a pot of boiling water for a few munites enough to remove the residues? I just don't think that machine oil = Good Drinks..

Thanks!

You could boil it, rinse it with some alcohol or just use it like I did with mine.

I just used it. Hook everything up and rinse your tun with some hot water. Doesn't even have to be boiling ........ just faucet hot. It'll be fine.

Thanks for all the input.

I'm getting ready to make my first yeast harvest so I just used the leftover water from boiling my canning jars to boil the braid and some copper wire to coil in side. Better safe than sorry.

Tomorrow I do a kitchen sink brew to use up some leftover stuff (extracts - yikes, and hops), but I've got a RyePA planned - so I'll be testing the new mash tun over the holidays.

Back