Stainless CFC's Anyone?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pretty impressive performance. With cooling water at 15C I managed to get my wort to 19C, as it is a closed loop and the cooling water reservoir ended at 17C.
Agreed, I'm very happy with mine and have had zero issues cooling or with cleaning it.

Question for owners of the Stout CFC. Anybody whirlpooling back into the kettle through the CFC with free swimming whirlpool hop pellets? I don't need a vortex but want to know I will be able to spin the wort enough to get a cone. 20 (22) gallon spike kettle with probably 19 gallons of wort.

Question for owners of the Stout CFC. Anybody whirlpooling back into the kettle through the CFC with free swimming whirlpool hop pellets? I don't need a vortex but want to know I will be able to spin the wort enough to get a cone. 20 (22) gallon spike kettle with probably 19 gallons of wort.
I do. I have 30 gallon kettles usually 22-gallons when whirlpooling. While yes, it does work it will not be a very aggressive whirlpool. I usually turn on the whirlpool and my chiller water and just let it run for about 10 min. By then my temp has dropped a bit. I recently upgraded my pump to a chugger maxx which helped a bit. I also installed a veejet spray nozzle inside the kettle to help get the liquid moving faster

I do. I have 30 gallon kettles usually 22-gallons when whirlpooling. While yes, it does work it will not be a very aggressive whirlpool. I usually turn on the whirlpool and my chiller water and just let it run for about 10 min. By then my temp has dropped a bit. I recently upgraded my pump to a chugger maxx which helped a bit. I also installed a veejet spray nozzle inside the kettle to help get the liquid moving faster

I was looking at the stout counterflow chiller as well and had the same concerns about recirc'ing back into the kettle through it to whirlpool. So that's good to know that, while not aggressive, it still works. Would you be able to post the outside max dimensions of the chiller (LxWxH) including the tri-clamp? I'm curious to see if it would fit under my table. Thanks for your input!

I was looking at the stout counterflow chiller as well and had the same concerns about recirc'ing back into the kettle through it to whirlpool. So that's good to know that, while not aggressive, it still works. Would you be able to post the outside max dimensions of the chiller (LxWxH) including the tri-clamp? I'm curious to see if it would fit under my table. Thanks for your input!

I just heard from Stout on the dimension question:
Diameter: 11.5”
Height: 8”
Measurement from a tri clamp fitting to the other side of the coil: 17.75”

Think I am going to give it a try. I am still wondering if I will be able to whirlpool through it with my chugger pump but seems to be largest ID CFC available for homebrewers so assume it will do as well or better than the others.

Back