st. patty's

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HughBrooks

Reaction score
Happy St. Patricks Day all you homebrewers! Today is an exciting day becouse I have another reasond to drink lots of beer today! Hope all have a happy and safe St. Patty's Day!:mug:

Happy St. Patrick's day!! Can't wait until l get back home and have that corned beef dinner and a few pints of Irish Red Ale. :mug: :mug:

Happy St. Patty's day, have some corn beef stew bathing in Guinness on the Crock pot. I was getting hungry making it, can't wait to eat that with a pint of Smithwick's. Maybe I will stop by the liquor store on the way home and pick up a bottle of Tullamore Dew.

Riverdancing is a must as well. Every St. Patrick's Day must include the following:

Guiness
fiddle
riverdancing
men in skirts
Guiness
bagpipes
funny beards
lots of green attire
Guiness

Happy St. Patty's day, have some corn beef stew bathing in Guinness on the Crock pot. I was getting hungry making it, can't wait to eat that with a pint of Smithwick's. Maybe I will stop by the liquor store on the way home and pick up a bottle of Tullamore Dew.

Excellent choices there, redraider629! I have the exact same stew in my crock pot as we speak, along with a half bottle of Tullamore setting on my bar. I probably won't get to the Dew on my bar tonight, but I'll have a flask of it in me sporran for later. Our pipe band is doing the usually pub tour/crawl tonight and probably won't get done until after midnight. I'll pay for it tomorrow!

Beers,
Ken

Patty's Day? WTF?

Take it from someone born and bred in Ireland, It's Paddy's Day. I've never heard it called Patty's Day by an Irishman.

Anyway, pedantic rant out of the way, have a good one. And if you can find it, Porterhouse Plain, is the best Irish stout, for your money.

Patty's Day? WTF?

Take it from someone born and bred in Ireland, It's Paddy's Day. I've never heard it called Patty's Day by an Irishman.

Anyway, pedantic rant out of the way, have a good one. And if you can find it, Porterhouse Plain, is the best Irish stout, for your money.

We (in the US) are good at bastardizing Irish culture. Witness the phenomenon whereby bars are given an absurdly stereotypical Irish name, accented in green, and suddenly become Irish Pubs.

We (in the US) are good at bastardizing Irish culture. Witness the phenomenon whereby bars are given an absurdly stereotypical Irish name, accented in green, and suddenly become Irish Pubs.

Insert culture of choice, and you speak volumes.

I got pinched on the arm today by a 4 year old girl for not wearing green on St. Patrick's day. I am now biding my time until Hanukkah. I'm gonna punch her in the face for not being Jewish.

I got pinched on the arm today by a 4 year old girl for not wearing green on St. Patrick's day. I am now biding my time until Hanukkah. I'm gonna punch her in the face for not being Jewish.

That's hilarious!

How can you spot an American Tourist in a foreign country (That's not Ireland)?

They're the only one looking for an Irish pub!

Happy St. Patrick's Day!
:mug:

To be fair, we do drink Budweiser with green food coloring in it just like they do in Kilkenny.

:tank:

Happy St. Patrick's Day! I'm a quarter Irish and its not like the US is old enough to have old customs so we must celebrate that culture from our past! So go drink a beer and celebrate! green smiley face! :D

Yes, we also eat Cornbeef and Cabbage on Saint Paddy's day because thats what the Irish do, wait no , no they don't.

There was a neat "How to Celebrate St. Paddy's day on google. Well a Youtube link.

Orange shirt, geist bock and lamb stew.

I'm not Irish or Catholic or a drunkard, so what's the point?

Yup cooked up the Corned beef and cabbage over the w/e. I've been Celebrating ever since! Home Brew on Tap is GOOD!

But no I'm not adding any green food coloring.... I have to draw the line somewhere.

i am chugging my Dismal Stout with some braised beef shanks and my re-headed 2 year old boy is swinging from the edge of the table like a baby monkey.

i am chugging my Dismal Stout with some braised beef shanks and my re-headed 2 year old boy is swinging from the edge of the table like a baby monkey.

Your "re-headed 2 year old boy" ...... :drunk:

Maybe its the HomeBrew, but I think you just implied that you have the first 2 year old with a head transplant :D

Here's a brew to you. :mug:

Pint of Murphy's, Harp and Guinness. 2 Irish Car bombs and 2 25oz Arrogant Bastard drafts. Corned Beef and Cabbage was good this yr.

Added some food coloring to my MOGA SMaSH. Never actually had green beer before, figured I should do it at least once. Had 2 pints, then went for the 3rd and *sputter splish Flwop* Damn beer goes fast when it's in kegs.

Back