SSR Amperage

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

j-hemmie

Reaction score
I finally received all of my parts from China and I found that they sent me a 90A SSR instead of the 40A I requested. Is it going to make any difference using a 90A?

I'm only using a single 240v 5500w element on a 30A circuit.

Thanks.

I finally received all of my parts from China and I found that they sent me a 90A SSR instead of the 40A I requested. Is it going to make any difference using a 90A?

I'm only using a single 240v 5500w element on a 30A circuit.

Thanks.

The difference is that they might last longer. You will be using the SSR's close to 22 AMP, thats far from the maximum current. :ban:

A Chinese SSR might have anything stamped on it :)

I was in the pearl market in Beijing with a friend. He was haggling over the price of a Sony Vaio 64G USB drive (that we ended up buying). While he was haggling, the girl in the stall behind me said she'd sell the 128G to me for the same price. They even put them into laptops and showed the memory size was legit.

The next day we found out that they didn't contain any flash memory at all, only a controller IC that lied about it. Also found out that there is no such thing as a Sony Vaio memory stick. Derp.

Maybe it's not even an SSR...just a small, empty plastic box. :)

Man, I hope not! It's a Mager (made in China anyway) and is heavy for the size. I got it on ebay from a seller with reviews from other homebrewers so I'm fairly confident it's a real SSR.

I just wanted to make sure it wasn't going to be an issue with it being rated for 90A. I'll keep my fingers crossed that I don't see a large puff of smoke when I turn it on for the first time.... :)

Man, I hope not! It's a Mager (made in China anyway) and is heavy for the size. I got it on ebay from a seller with reviews from other homebrewers so I'm fairly confident it's a real SSR.

I just wanted to make sure it wasn't going to be an issue with it being rated for 90A. I'll keep my fingers crossed that I don't see a large puff of smoke when I turn it on for the first time.... :)

You'll be fine. All is made in China anyway these days. :)

Your good... The ones auberins and ebrew sell (not the generic fotek style white ones ebrew sells but the more expensive ones he carries ) are also made by mager.

Latest posts

Back