Ss Brewing Technology

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 208089

Reaction score
Long over due recognition to the men and women of Ss Brewing Technology. Not only do they have the greatest product lineup but best customer service of any! Also, let's not forget who sponsered the December HBT Giveaway. Many thanks!

Long over due recognition to the men and women of Ss Brewing Technology. Not only do they have the greatest product lineup but best customer service of any! Also, let's not forget who sponsered the December HBT Giveaway. May thanks!

Not only is their equipment top quality, but their customer service is excellent! I sent an e-mail suggesting a slight improvement to their Brew Buckets (silicone grips for the handles) and was surprised at the quick and personalized reply. I'll be buying additional equipment from them in 2016.

I have been very happy with their brew buckets. I ordered a third one last week with temp control. Very pleased with the quality and their customer support has been great. I'd also like to see silicone grips for the handles.

I've been using SSBrewTech BME fermenter, mash tun, and kettle. Good stuff. I listed a large amount of their gear in my pending business proposal (4 fermenters, 4 brite tanks, etc.). I just recently bought their 10 Gal 3/8 HP chiller. Worked great, but construction quality was a bit disappointing. It was also my 1st opportunity to use the FTSS kit that I bought with the fermenter. Major disappointment. Still packaged in original box, never opened, never used... controller doesnt turn on the cooling pump and the power adapter doesn't stay on. Customer Support was quick to respond but basically I own defective equipment, which I will be replacing with a reliable brand.

After two weeks of not getting any response from them, now they are 'getting blown up about our new eBrewing products in our support tickets right now.'

I had contacted them about a few questions I have about their brew pot.

What size are the bolts on the (3 piece) ball-valve? This is the only question that they have responded to and they told me it was 1/2 inch. My local hardware store does not sell a wrench to fit this bolt, it is somewhere between 1/2 and 9/16 inch and between 13 and 14 mm (1/2 inch = 12.7 mm). The nuts are 1/2 inch.

I also asked about how to clean the ball-valve. Do I need to replace the oil it was filled with? How? What kind? How much? How often?

How do I install the valve? I do not even get it finger tight and the o-ring pops out of its groove. If I where to use a wrench per the instruction it would destroy the o-ring.

If it needs instructions why are they not included? It does come with a very fancy 'card' that states the 'Quick Start Guides' are on their website. Why not include a Quick Start Guide, or better yet a 'Start Guide?' I can not even find a Start Guide on their website.

Why are the plugs, to cover the holes for thermometer and recirculation, backwards? The smooth easy to clean side goes on the outside, while the side with the moving parts go on the inside where they are harder to access and clean.

I got one of their fermenters on their kickstarter (or whatever start up they used) many years ago. Got a great deal and still using it. When time came for me to buy a new kettle, I went SS Brewtech. They may be a bit pricey but you do get what you pay for.
The few times I contacted them, I got a quick reply. They even sent me an extra lid ring for free for some reason.

They may be a bit pricey but you do get what you pay for.

A doorstop? Have to remove the skewed o-ring to make it look cool.

You have a secret 'knock' to get a quick reply? Over two weeks for a reply to a question that should not have to be asked, the information should have come in the box.

Not a fan. Poor customer service on a 1/2 bbl Unitank major quality issue. I returned and went with a better vendor. Not sure if something changed as I read glowing reviews from the past.

I’ve been relatively happy with my dealings. All quality product hitting my doorstep and quick response time on questions. 3 brew buckets, two Chronicals w/ Fts2, glycol chiller, CIP, fittings, and their keg washer.

they replaced one of my neoprene jackets without any questions asked and did me another major solid on one of my other orders. I think they are re-focusing on the homer brewer and trying to give us the best product/service they can.

Last edited:
cold-side setup
84DEC8D6-D394-48C5-A5B5-F3A2823D7762.jpeg

Back