sprouting

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edennis

Reaction score
Hey, I' new to growing hops and I just planted 4 rhizomes on Friday the fourth. One of my rhizomes is just starting to poke out of the soil but the other three haven't. I'm a very anxious person and I was just wondering from experienced growers about how long on average it takes their bines to start to poke out. Thanks

I have six 3 year plants and two 2 year. The first sprouts this year were spread out over a month.

I'm a first year grower too and i noticed that my Cascade sprouted the fastest at about 5 days. Then my willamette, Goldings, and sterling sprouted in about 1 1/2 - 2 weeks. Don't worry...They will be there before you know it :rockin:

I'm reliving impatience with my hops...but I have it down pat for HB.....but then again, I'm a retard

I got my cascade a few days after planting, One faster than the rest, but they are all out and growing now. I think depends on how far along the buds are, and how deep you plant, etc.

Back