Spilled my chitosan, can I continue?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zurd

Reaction score
Hi, just a few minutes ago I used scissors to open the package of everything (yeast, chitosan, kielsesol, etc.), it's an all-in-one package wine (Argentia Ridge - Pinot Noir) and by mistake I also cut the chitosan package that was inside (it's the biggest one after all). All is fine but then i spilled everything on the counter :-(

I have more all-in-one package of wine where I can grab the chitosan from but I will always be missing one... I was wondering if I do not put chitosan in it, would that be ok?!

I'd hate to go to a brew store for this as there isn't one nearby, I see some on Amazon but it's a package of 5, I just need one!

Well in the end I finally went to the brew shop and bought some chitosan

While there, I bought a pack of yeast, kieselsol and another chitosan as a backup so this will not happen again! Yeast in the fridge and the 2 other pack in closet, should have a few years of shelf-life!

Back