Spike Brewing 12.5gal Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I should win ghis fermenter because I have spent years buildinding my own 12.2 gallon stainless conical. I got tge shell from toledo metal spinning, the lid from einfalt salvage, the lwgs from easton salvage and welded on by squib machining. I had another guy weld a corny lid on the top. After all this put a weldless dump valve and weldless racking cane. When I put the racking cane hole in I accidentally drilled it right where one of the legs was. I couldnt fit the valve in between. I had to re drill the whole. But how would I fill the old one? I took it to a place called squib machining. They tried for about a week and rave up. They claimed the metal was to thin and impossible to fix. I then took it to a welding instructor at northampton community college. He had it for a couple months. He finally gave ne a call and said it was ready. It had patch marks all over the outside, but tge inside qas smooth. This was about 3 years ago. I had no space to set up my home brew until very recently. I have been using the buckets in the meantime.anyway I finally got it set up a couple weeks ago and try to use it.I started filling it with water and found that there is a hairline leak in the weld. I'm ready to give up on the conical and go back the buckets. If I won this it would really restore of my excitement in conicals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back