Spike+ Brew Kettles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gameface

Reaction score
So yesterday spike announced a new option in their brew kettle line, the Spike+. These kettles come stock with two tri-clamp (TC) fittings that they picture (but do not include) with a butterfly valve and thermometer.

https://spikebrewing.com/collection...-gallon-spike-brew-kettle-2-vertical-couplers

SPIKE__30G_therm_butterfly_large.jpg

They look amazing, but really, what do you guys think?

Are there options, either available from Spike or somewhere else, that will allow me to attach a dip tube to that bottom port?

The cost difference vs their NPT fitting equipped kettles seems pretty reasonable.

No opinions on these?

If you were buying new Spike kettles today would you lean towards the tri-clamp version or the NPT version?

These are probably aimed at commercial nano-breweries. I know of a couple locally that use the Spike 1bbl system.

I just purchased the Spike 30 gal TC boil kettle today. Did you purchase one? I will let you know what I think if you need feedback.

I'd definitely take the clamps over standard fittings if the cost was the same. Unsure how much extra it be willing to spend on the hot side however. Cheers

Back